I am an assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University at Buffalo, The State University of New York. I am generally interested in distributed systems, networking, and operating systems. My current research focus is on mobile systems. Before joining UB, I graduated with PhD from UIUC in 2009 under Indranil Gupta and was a postdoc at Princeton for one year under Michael Freedman and Jennifer Rexford. I received the CAREER Award from NSF in 2014, the Young Investigator Award from UB in 2014, the Early Career Teacher of the Year Award from UB Engineering in 2015, the Teaching Innovation Award from UB in 2016, and the Distinguished Alumni Educator Award from CS at UIUC in 2017.
Office: 113F Davis
Email: stevko (buffalo dot edu, without cse)
CSE 486/586 Distributed Systems (Spring 2012, Spring 2013, Spring 2014, Spring 2015, Spring 2016, Spring 2017)
CSE 622 Advanced Computer Systems (Fall 2011, Fall 2012, Fall 2013, Fall 2014, Fall 2015)
CSE 490/590 Computer Architecture (Spring 2011)
CSE 704 Seminar on Data Center Computing (Fall 2010)
Please check out NSR’s projects page for the list of projects.
- General Co-Chair: MobiSys 2017
- Conference Program Committees: ICDCS 2016, ASPLOS 2016 (ERC), INFOCOM 2016, P2P 2015, TRIDENTCOM 2015, ASPLOS 2015 (ERC), IC2E 2015 (Industry Track), P2P 2014, USENIX ATC 2013, ANT 2012, Middleware 2011, OpenCirrus Summit 2011, SASO 2010
- Workshop Program Committees: JTRES 2015, BigMine 2014, DataCloud 2014, BigMine 2013, DataCloud 2013, BigMine 2012, DataCloud 2012, DataCloud 2011, CoNext Student Workshop 2011, SAHNS 2011
- Posters and Demos Chair: Middleware 2015
- Track Chair: IEEE EUC 2016
- Vice-General Chair: IPCCC 2011